Canada Visa – Complete Guide To Canadian Visa Application
Are you ready to live hundreds of adventures in Canada Then get it! We assume you already have your passport up to date and applied for your visa. However, if you have not completed this last step, know the different types, and apply for a visa to travel to Canada that suits your stay. Check out the most common ones!
The visitor visa, also known as a temporary resident visa, is a short-term visa. With this document, you can live in Canada for six months. However, when you arrive at your destination, the immigration agent may reduce or increase the time limit of your stay in the country.
If you want to obtain this visa to travel to Canada, the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship recommends applying online. It will help you avoid delays, quickly correct any bugs in your app. All you have to do is create a profile and, of course, meet these requirements.
- A valid travel document (e.g., passport).
- Be in good physical condition. You may be asked for some medical exams.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Convince the immigration agent that you have work, academic, or family ties that force you to come home after your visa expires.
- Cover the entire expenses of your trip. There is no exact figure as this will depend on the length of your stay and where you are staying.
- In some cases, submit an invitation letter issued by a friend or family member living in Canada.
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
If you want to live in Canada for a short time, you have another option other than the visitor visa. Instead, you can get an Electronic Travel Authorization. This document, which is valid for five years and costs 7 $CAD, allows you to travel to Canada for short periods (no more than six months) to tour the country as you wish or study during your stay.
Getting this visa to travel to Canada is super simple. You can get approval on the go. Well, in exceptional cases, the answer can take a couple of days. To apply for an eTA, you only need a valid passport, an active email address, debit or credit card, and answer some questions. That’s all!
By the way, we almost forgot. Before you apply, you should investigate if you are an eligible candidate. Eye! Citizens of some countries must apply for a visitor visa. For this reason, you must visit the website of the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship and find out if, in your country, this procedure is available.
A study permit to call it somehow, is a visa to study in Canada.
If you want to get this visa to study in Canada, we must tell you that it is much more complicated. In the Beginning, you need to do is enroll in a government-accredited institution. It is a requirement that, without fail, you must meet. Besides, you must meet these requirements.
- Submit a letter of acceptance issued by a Canadian government-certified school.
- Have an optimal state of health. You may need some medical exams and tests.
- Also, you may have to request a police letter or criminal record.
- If you’re taking a top-level course, you may need to show that you’re fluent, English or French.
- Have a valid passport.
- Include two recent photos and passport size. You must write your name and date of birth on the back of each image.
- Prove that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and pay for your stay in Canada.
- Send a letter explaining your motivations for studying in Canada and what goals you want to achieve with your course.
- If you want to study in Quebec, request a letter of acceptance from this province’s government.
Courses you can take with a study permit
While it is true that Canada’s education system is unmatched, study opportunities are recognized around the world, so studying is a significant investment. Besides, you can do everything a little bit. For example, with a visa to study in Canada, you can take one of our general English or French courses and train with native teachers.
Working Holiday Visa
This visa document is one of the most requested Canadian visas, and we cannot deny, challenging to obtain. With this visa to travel to Canada, you can live in the country for 1 to 2 years. You can study for six months and work part-time no matter what course you have chosen or work full-time in your stay.
Before you start collecting papers, you need to determine if your country is on the list of eligible countries. Otherwise, obtaining this visa will not be possible. Next, you must create a profile that will be evaluated by the Canadian government. If you are an eligible and qualified person, you will receive an invitation to formalize your application if you meet these requirements.
- The residents of one of the 35 countries are eligible to participate in the Working Holiday Visa sweepstakes. Please note that a limited number of visas are granted each year.
- Have a passport that is valid throughout your stay in Canada.
- Do not under 18 or over 30 or 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Have at least 2500 $CAD to cover the upfront costs of your stay.
- Hire international health insurance that is valid from the beginning of your trip to the end.
- Travel without people who are financially dependent on you.
- Prepare an updated resume adapted to the Canadian format (no photography, nationality, and age.
- File your criminal record or a police letter.
- Take a digital color photo that is 45 x 35 mm in size.
- Deliver biometric data. At offices designated by the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship, they will take your fingerprints and photograph them.
- If you meet all these requirements, consider yourself lucky. You are one step closer to moving to this destination! Remember that you can only apply for this visa to live in Canada once in your life, depending on your home country. So get all the juice out of your stay by studying and working, or working day and night.
Permits you to extend your stay in Canada
If your visa to live in Canada expires, don’t panic. You can extend your stay! The Canadian government offers international travelers some permits for this purpose. Today, we wanted to talk to you about two desirable options: the Post Graduation Work Permit and the Open Work Permit mentioned to you a while ago.
Post Graduation Work Permit
The Post Graduation Work Permit is a permit designed for international students who graduated from an accredited school. Thanks to this document, they can extend their stay from 8 months to 3 years. Besides, they are authorized to work with any employer with no time limit.
The first thing you need to do to obtain this permit is to request a letter from the Canadian institution where you graduated. This document must certify that you completed your curriculum. When you have it, you have 180 days to submit your request and meet these requirements.
- Complete a curriculum of at least eight months. Please note that English courses do not count to apply.
- I have completed each academic period regularly.
- A valid study permit.
- You have not previously requested a Post Graduation Work Permit.