Unique Environmental Service Inc requires 2 general laborers in the area of Pickering in Ontario. The work is related to material handling. It is a permanent and full-time role and pays well. Read on to find out more about the job and see whether you are eligible for the role.
General Labourer (Material Handling) at Unique Environmental Service Inc.
$15/ hour for 30 – 45 hours/ week
- The worker will have to wrap the goods to be supplied, build pallets for transportation, and ship orders.
- They will have to pick the orders and the stock, and load, move and unload products either manually or with the help of basic material handling equipment such as forklifts.
- The worker also has to pack and unpack the products that need to be shipped or arrive at the location.
- Since the work includes weight handling up to 23 kg or 50 pounds, a person who is physically fit to do so will be considered for the job.
- The worker will have to work in a warehouse which will be quite busy. Therefore, the workplace will be noisy.
- The work is fast-paced and requires a person who can manage the tasks well in short deadlines.
- A person who has an eye for detail will be best suited for the role since the worker has the responsibility to ensure that the orders that come in are unpacked properly, and those that are being set out are packaged appropriately so as to avoid any hassle because of imperfect work.
- The tasks are repetitive, and so, the employer needs workers who are hardworking and energetic.
- The applicant must have a Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, a Workplace Safety and Insurance Board(WSIB) clearance Certificate, and a first-aid certificate.
- Other than these certifications, there is no other educational requirement for this job.
- Previous experience will be preferred. However, those who have not worked in this type of role before are also encouraged to apply.
- The worker should be bondable, and a criminal record check is required when the application is being processed.
- Since the worker will have to work in a team, it is best that they are a team player and are collaborative with excellent oral communication skills. English proficiency in communication is a must for this job.
- The workers must be dependable and reliable since they have to work on tight deadlines.
- They are expected to adapt to the work culture of the warehouse and uphold a positive attitude. The worker should be a quick learner who quickly understands the way things work around the warehouse.
- An honest person is required for the role who can manage tasks in an effective manner and is responsible enough to be trusted with material handling, which has a direct impact on the productivity of the manufacturing unit.
- The worker is expected to have steel-toed safety shoes, safety goggles, a uniform, and a hard hat. These are the SOPs for working in the warehouse.
- The work starts as soon as possible. The timings of the work begin from early morning.
About the Employer
The employer promotes equal employment opportunities for newcomers to Canada, people with disabilities, youth, visible minorities, and indigenous people. The only demand is that the people meet the job requirements and are able to complete the job effectively. Therefore, a person who can manually handle and effectively manage the work will be considered for the job, and selection will not be based on their ethnicity and other disabilities.
Those who do not have the legal permit to work in Canada will not be considered for the job since the employer will not send out work visas.
How to Apply
To apply, email your CVs or cover letters detailing your previous experiences to [email protected] You can apply by the 30th of April 2021.