How to Study in the UK Detailed Guide for Students All Over the World
A lot of times individuals from all over the world look for credible institutions where they could go and learn from. The entire point of going abroad and into foreign countries is to expand their horizon. One such place is the UK. It is a dream for many students all over the world to study in the UK. But to make this process happen, we have curated a guide to finding out how to study in the UK with scholarship and brief you on other details such as study in the UK without IELTS, etc.
If you want to study in the UK, requirements will have to be followed to make the process smooth and successful. Take a look down below to find out the requirements.
How to Study in the UK Detailed Guide for Students All Over the World.
Requirements to Study in UK
Study in UK with Scholarship
How to Study in the UK without IELTS
Requirements to Study in the UK
First off, we will be covering the requirements for undergraduates. It mainly depends on the degree you want to peruse but there are set components that you should have in order.
- You need to have at least 14 years of education while choosing to study in the UK.
- You should pre-university credentials which are equal to UK 1-Levels or the National Diplomas.
- You should have a foundation degree in place. Meaning you need to have IELTS 5.5-6.0, max two Scottish Higher/National Diploma/ international foundation years plus a maximum of two UK A-levels.
- For the requirements, a diploma of higher education is crucial as well. It is the same as the above-mentioned criteria.
- You need to have a degree as well, meaning a maximum of 3 UK A-levels, a Higher National Diploma or Certification, around three to four Scottish Higher or an international foundation year, or BTEC National Diploma. In the last three, you will have a choice.
- HND will also be crucial. You should qualifications equal to around 2 Scottish Higher, or BTEC National Diploma, or a Higher National Certification, or international foundation year. Not to forget IELTS 5.5.-6.0 as well.
- Staring off, for postgraduate, you will need an undergraduate degree and ILETS 5.0-5.5 necessarily. For a majority of cases, this level for IELTS will be 6.5 or more.
- For those pursuing an MBA, they will need to have their initial degree, IELTS 6.7=7.0, and business experience or around two to three years.
- For students looking to study in the UK for Ph.D., they will need their master’s degree and IELTS 6.5-7.0
- For those who want to pursue pre-masters, they can start with just having their undergraduate and IELTS 5.0-5.5
Study in the UK with Scholarship
Studying in the UK can be an extremely enlightening experience but it might not be possible for everyone. To cater to everyone’s needs, there are various scholarships available as well. With financial assistance, one can easily dive into this process without worrying about their academics. These are some of the easiest ways you can study in the UK for free.
For those who are looking for global scholarships, they can use the A.S Hornby Trust Scholarship. This is for English language teachers. Moving on, there is a scholarship for postgraduates who want to get their masters in fields of technology, medical sciences, science, creative industries, renewable and clean energy, and healthcare. It is known as Scotland’s Satire Scholarship and is available for an individual from India, China, Canada, Pakistan, Hong Kong, and the USA. There is also a funding program for those who want to work on short courses or research opportunities for mid-career individuals. This is known as the Chevening Fellowships. Moving on, you will have the Commonwealth Scholarship, which as the name indicates is for Commonwealth countries. They can continue with masters, academic, medical, and professional fellowships and doctoral courses.
There are country-specific funding as well such as the Newton Fund for India, Marshal Sherfield Fellowships for students located in the USA, Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Scholarships for individuals from Pakistan, and Young Cell Scheme for people from Kosovo, etc. These will enable you to study in the UK for free without any monetary dilemmas.
How to Study in the UK without IELTS
A lot of times it is not possible for students to go ahead with IELTS. Now, since IELST is a prerequisite for a lot of courses if you want to study in the UK, then it might be a hurdle for you. Don’t worry though, you can easily study in the UK without IELTS. In certain situations, IELTS can be waived off if you work on their criteria. The conditions under which your IELTS can be waived off are:
- If you have gained an education in an English medium school throughout your academic life and have good grades then the committee for admission might waive off the need for IELTS.
- In some cases, universities might also be open to assessing your English grades from classes X and XII. This is the score you gained in matriculation and senior secondary exams. Those who have around 60%+ in their 10th and 12th will be allowed. Sometimes, it can be done just based on 12th grade as well.
- An interview is also another way they can waive off your IELTS. Universities might ask you to go through with an interview on Skype or the telephone. Whilst talking to you, they can gauge your competency in terms of speaking English and waive off your IELTS if you were good enough.
Note: If you are looking for ways to get IELTS waived off, you must work on your English skills. An individual must have excellent verbal English skills, and commendable written skills in English as well. The best way we advise you to go forward with that is by reading extensively and practicing your writing skills. You should also work on your comprehension and listening skills too since you will need to understand their language well.
Getting the opportunity to study in the UK can open up various doors for you academically and professionally peaking. What’s more, is that you can easily venture into a new culture and learn more about the world. Take a look above at the detailed guide to find out various ways you can study in the UK. There is information on scholarships for universities in the UK, IELTS, and a lot more.